Blocstock, Ireland’s largest climbing event, is back!
Saturday 1st October
Blocstock is a one-day only AWESOME indoor bouldering comp.
For our 10th anniversary, we’re going bigger and better than ever! We plan to give you one EPIC day, jam-packed with climbing, tasty food, discounted climbing gear, prize giveaways…and the list goes on.
We have a talented line up of setters on hand to craft top quality boulders for all – first time competitors and IFSC competitors alike. The comp will have four competitor categories – Legends (experienced) and Heroes (beginner), male and female over 16 years of age..
Entry costs €25 per competitor and includes an event t-shirt along with entry for the day.
Product demos, special offers and giveaways throughout the day!
Minimum of 14 years of age to enter.
Heroes – Male & Female
Legends – Male & Female
One round with 30 fun, challenging and high-quality boulders to test each category.
To ensure you have enough time and space to climb on the day and to help our setters do a great job, there will be two sessions available to complete your qualification climbs:
Session 1: 10 am – 1 pm
Session 2: 1 pm – 4 pm
At 1 pm we’ll clear the mats for the second session to begin. We’ll have fresh food available on site so you can fuel up and get ready for the evening entertainment!
Grab a snack and take a seat because at 6 pm it’s lights out, spotlights on and MC conducting the show!
Hero finals will adopt a fast-paced format by using identical boulders which are raced simultaneously to the top. Two finalists in both male and female will have 4 minutes to get to the top while competing side by side. We’re using 4+ timing for Heros so we hope to see one mega battle!
Legends finals will conclude the event and follow IFSC 4 min on/off format.
5 reasons you should enter
1. Free stuff – Lots of free giveaways!
2. Test yourself! The climbs will be creative and specifically crafted for you with an aim to make you think and learn what you can really do when in the right environment.
3. “It always seems impossible until it’s done”- Climbing is a skill-based sport so what better way to up your skill than watch the best around showcase theirs – then copy their Beta!
4. Support Irish climbing. We care a lot about developing the climbing community in Ireland and supporting Irish athletes when we can, so if you want to support Irish climbing, come along.
5. Have the craic – Climb, hang out and practice your commentary. It’s ALWAYS fun to watch people try hard whether they smash it out or get smashed, there’s not much better entertainment going in October anyway!
If you’re in it to win, you probably want to know what we’re giving you…
1st place €500
2nd place €250
3rd place €100
1st place prize will be a surprise announced on the day 😉
Keep scrolling for info on format, categories, and everything else you need to know!